Situated in the heart of Newport Beach in Southern California, Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach offers city and harbor views, 295 guest rooms and suites, more than 23,000 square feet of event space, the largest ballroom in Newport Beach, a spa, fitness center and resort-style pool.
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach
690 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Location: Fashion Island Hotel is located in Newport Beach, midway between Los Angeles and San Diego in Orange County. Just steps away from Fashion Island®, one of Orange County’s premier outdoor coastal shopping, dining and entertainment destinations, Fashion Island Hotel is at the social hub of Newport Center. Adjacent to the hotel are coastal beach activities, outdoor recreation such as hiking and biking, along with a variety of world-class dining and alfresco restaurants.
Getting Here: John Wayne Airport is a 10-minute (5.5 mile) drive and major interstate freeway 405 is a 10-minute drive from the hotel. Long Beach Airport is approximately 30 minutes (26 miles) north and Los Angeles International Airport is approximately 45 minutes (44 miles) north.
Accommodations: Fashion Island Hotel’s guest rooms offer comfort in true coastal California luxury style. With a step-out balcony or furnished patio in every room, business and leisure guests can enjoy breathtaking views of Newport Harbor, Newport Back Bay or the Pacific Ocean. All 292 luxurious guest rooms and suites have recently been reinvigorated and refurbished to reflect Newport Beach’s chic coastal lifestyle and natural vibrancy. Accommodations now pop with gentle seaside colors and sport new handsomely upholstered headboards, custom-designed bedding, California-inspired artwork, comfortable seating and other plush room décor accents. Each guest room has a convenient work space with table and chairs.
- Guest Rooms: Ranging in size from 435 to 600 square feet, each guest room is appointed with one king or two queen beds and a step-out balcony with views of the resort pool and coastline or Newport Back Bay.
- Corner and Coastal View Suites: Spacious 600 square feet Island Corner Suites offer residential-style accommodations, including a separate living room with queen sleeper sofa, furnished patio, and Newport Back Bay or city views.
- Pacific Suite: This residential-style suite measures 860 square feet and has a separate full-size living area with queen sleeper sofa and includes two step-out balconies with panoramic coastal and city views or Newport Back Bay views.
- Lido and Newport Flats, Catalina & Governor’s Suites: Ranging in size from 1,305 to 1,470 square feet, these flats and suites offer residential touches that deliver the comforts of home, plus panoramic coastal or Newport Back Bay views. Each features a full-size living and dining area with service pantry and two step-out balconies. Executive Queen Suite Connectors are available.
All hotel accommodations are luxuriously appointed with the following:
- Custom-designed mattresses, luxurious cotton bed linens and goose down duvets and pillows
- Marble bathrooms, 100% cotton over-sized bath towels and signature bathrobes
- Spacious closets equipped with convenient built-in shelving, private safe, iron and ironing board
- High-speed hardwired and wireless Internet connections
- Multi-line telephones with speakerphone, DID line capability and voice mail
- Custom-made entertainment center with LED televisions and built-in Chromecast to stream your favorite movies, shows or music from your mobile device or tablet
- Keurig coffee makers
- Mini bars customized to guest’s profile (additional cost)
- A selection of complimentary magazines
- Hair dryer/ make-up mirror
- CD/ DVD players
Rates: Guest rooms start at $209 per night. One and two-bedroom suites start at $539 per night. Destination Fee is $25 per day with added amenities, including:
- $5 food and beverage voucher for Market Place
- Upgraded high-speed internet – 10 MB up/down
- In-room Starbucks coffee
- Digital version of New York Times & Financial Times
- Unlimited local and toll-free calls
- 10% discount on Spa services and retail
- Use of bicycles and fitness center
- Concierge staff assistance
- Access to a Personal Shopper at Fashion Island®
- Priority access to Aqua Lounge (Friday/Saturday)
- Priority assistance with Pelican Hill Golf Club and Duffy Boat reservations
Guest Services: Guests visiting for business or pleasure will find the comforts of home with the services and amenities offered at Fashion Island Hotel, including:
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Complimentary wireless Internet access in all guest rooms and public areas
- Heated outdoor pool and whirlpool spa
- Fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- Full-service business center
- In-house dry cleaning
- Laundry and one-hour pressing
- Complimentary overnight shoeshine
- Valet parking
- Turndown service upon request
Island Club: Situated on the 20th floor, Island Club offers sweeping views of the Newport Beach coastline and harbor with floor-to-ceiling windows. At $50 per night, Island Club guests can enjoy the following inclusions:
- Light continental-style breakfast and light evening snacks
- Beer and wine during the “Wine Down” hour
- Internet access of up to 20 MB per room
- iMac workstation
- Curbside check-in
- Complimentary access to the Spa’s relaxation lounge and eucalyptus steam room
- 20% off Spa retail purchases
- Access to exclusive DVD library
- Shoeshine service
- Dedicated Concierge services
- Daily newsletter of activities and weather information, along with a variety of financial newspapers
- Nightly turndown service and special pillow menu by housekeeping
- Complimentary Personal Shopping services at Fashion Island
Dining: Oak Grill is a Newport Beach original restaurant. This dining destination combines California cuisine with influences from around the globe and offers a specifically curated wine, beer and spirits programs. Guests and locals may dine alfresco on one of the largest decks in the area or lounge fireside. For more intimate group occasions, one of the two private dining rooms are available for groups from four to 16 people.
Entertainment/Nightlife: Aqua Lounge offers tableside mixology, a unique ice program, freshly squeezed juices, craft cocktails, shareable bites and a late night menu. The entertainment scene is vibrant with live DJs, pop-up performances and special events making the lounge a sophisticated yet unpretentious social scene.
Spa: The Spa at Fashion Island Hotel invites guests to wind down, relax and reconnect. Skilled therapists offer therapies like the Lomi Lomi or Balinese Island Escape Massages, rejuvenating facials and body treatments. Services are offered a la carte, but all-inclusive Spa Packages can be developed.
Separate male and female locker rooms are available with a relaxation lounge open to all spa guests, as well as complimentary waters and fruits, shower with vanity area and eucalyptus steam room.
Pool: Open year round, the hotel’s 3,000 square foot pool is heated. The newly redesigned pool area features a whirlpool spa, round swivel lounge chairs with shade umbrellas and private cabanas.
Fitness: The Fitness Center at Fashion Island Hotel is open daily and is adjacent to the outdoor pool. The gym features state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment and has recently been remodeled. Fitness professionals are available by appointment for group programs and individual personal training sessions. Each program incorporates a variety of activities tailored to all fitness levels.
Jogging maps are available at the Concierge desk and offer varying degrees of difficulty with routes through nearby neighborhoods, beaches and parklands.
Golf: One of the nation’s premier golf clubs, Pelican Hill Golf Club® is located just south of Fashion Island Hotel in Newport Coast. Owned and operated by The Irvine Company, Pelican Hill Golf Club features two championship ocean-view courses, Ocean North and Ocean South, for 36 holes of golf designed by Tom Fazio. Pelican Hill’s unmatched service and amenities include professional forecaddies, a luxurious 44,000 square-foot clubhouse with separate men’s and women’s locker rooms and lounges, full-service practice facility, a golf shop offering the latest golf fashions and accessories and a preeminent Golf Academy led by one of Golf Magazine’s Top 100 Teachers in America and one of Golf Tips magazine’s Top 25 U.S. Instructors, Glenn Deck.
Oak Creek Golf Club, located nearby in Irvine, is owned and operated by The Irvine Company, as well as designed by Tom Fazio. This course offers golfers of all levels 18 holes of challenges amid tapered fairways, scenic greens, beautiful lakes and bull-nose carved bunkers. Dense with dynamic flora and fauna, Oak Creek offers park-like and mountain views and features a golf shop, Oak Creek Café serving breakfast, lunch and happy hour, an award-winning practice facility and private lessons available for both groups and individuals.
Meetings & Events: Recently refreshed meeting and event space is available for corporate retreats or extravagant galas. Fashion Island Hotel’s catering team is dedicated to creating an exclusive, seamless celebration down to the smallest detail. Fashion Island Hotel venue spaces include:
- 8,710-square-foot traditional ballroom, seating for up to 600 guests – the largest ballroom in Newport Beach. The ballroom can be divided into four smaller rooms for a more intimate event or break-out spaces.
- Newly redesigned Cabana Room, featuring a bright airy atmosphere with glass panels opening to a private, heated terrace.
- Newly renovated Balboa Room, featuring a wall-mounted 70-inch flat-screen television, private restrooms and service panty.
- Five meeting rooms equipped with built-in screens, cork and whiteboards with markers and adjacent outdoor terraces.
- Six additional meeting suites accommodating groups from 10 to 24 guests in a conference-style setting.
- Internet offerings tailored to meet corporate needs, with the capability of up to 300MB of bandwidth and 1000 concurrent wireless connections in the ballrooms.
Weddings: Fashion Island Hotel’s alfresco wedding location features a lush garden setting and newly covered and heated terrace for year-round celebrations. The light, airy ambiance of the adjacent Cabana Room is complemented by natural light, and a terrace for an indoor-outdoor ceremony site. Nearby Balboa Room offers plush sofas, a wall-mounted television, private restrooms and convenient storage pantry.
Shopping: Nearby Fashion Island is Newport Beach’s premier coastal shopping destination, featuring over 200 specialty boutiques, world-class department stores and a variety of fine dining, alfresco restaurants and cafes. For a luxurious movie experience, visit Island Cinema, voted Orange Coast magazine’s 2012 Best Luxury Cinema Palace.
Newport Beach also features upscale retail at Crystal Cove Shopping Center and Corona del Mar Plaza. Additional art galleries and performing arts venues are located in the beach towns surrounding Fashion Island Hotel.
Nearby Recreation & Leisure: Guests enjoy a variety of nearby activities, especially outdoor recreation, such as Crystal Cove beach outings, hiking and mountain biking through neighboring Irvine Ranch® open space, parks and trails. Ocean activities include surfing, kayaking and paddle boarding along the coast, as well as yachting, sailing, sunset cruises and whale watching excursions from Newport Harbor. Balboa Island offers quaint restaurants, boutiques, art galleries and the historic Balboa Fun Zone, one of Southern California’s oldest coastal amusement areas.
Annual activities and events include whale watching (January – March); Toshiba Senior Golf Classic (March); Newport Beach Film Festival (April); Tommy Bahama Newport-to-Ensenada Yacht Race (April); Newport Beach Sandcastle Contest (October); and Newport Harbor Christmas Boat Parade (December).
- Forbes Four Star Hotel; 2014, 2015, 2016
- Forbes Recommended Restaurant, Oak Grill; 2015, 2016
- Forbes Four Star Spa; 2014
- AAA Four Diamond Hotel; 2014, 2015, 2016
- OpenTable Diners’ Choice Winner; 2015
- Award of Excellence, Wine Spectator; 2015
- “Orange County’s 10 Best New Restaurants of the Year,” Orange Coast; 2015
- “One of 19 Best New Restaurants in Orange County,” Thrillist.com; 2015
- “Best Patios for Al Fresco Dining,” Orange County Register; 2015
Hotel: Allison Wimberly, Tong and Goo of Newport Beach, CA
Spa: Richard Spina, CSA Architects of Los Angeles, CA
Hotel: The late James Northcutt; Darrell Schmitt Design Associates of Los Angeles, CA
Oak Grill & Aqua Lounge: Brayton Hughes Design Studios
Spa: The late James Northcutt; Darrel Schmitt Design Associates of Los Angeles
The Irvine Company®, a 150-year-old diversified, privately held real-estate investment company and master-planner – highly respected for stewardship and master-planning of The Irvine Ranch® in Orange County, California.
The management team, working under The Irvine Company Resort Properties®, is headed by Irvine Company Resort Properties President Ralph Grippo, who was a senior executive with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company for nearly two decades.
Gerard Widder, General Manager
Deanna Jones, Director of Catering and Conference Services
Bob Arrivillaga, Director of Sales and Marketing
David Man, Executive Chef
Kevin Morales, General Manager of Oak Grill and Aqua Lounge
Jeff Stroth, Director of Engineering
Karri Urode-Abe, Director of Human Resources