Spa guests must be 18 years of age or older. Facial and Salon guests may be 16 years of age, with written consent of a legal guardian.
Arrivals and Cancellations
We suggest you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled treatment to allow time for check-in. Should you arrive late for your reservation, this will limit your time so the next guest will not be delayed, and the value of your full treatment will be applied.
If you must reschedule or cancel your appointment, please notify us 4 hours ahead of time to avoid being charged the full service fee. Cancellations of packages or private parties are based on agreement terms.
Please notify our team when booking your treatments if you have high blood pressure, a heart condition, recent surgeries, allergies, are pregnant or taking any medication relevant to your treatment. It is always advisable to check with your doctor prior to your arrival if you are unsure of being able to indulge in any treatments offered.
Personal Items and Mobile Devices
We recommend the safe keeping of personal items at home or in your Guest Room safe as Island Hotel is not responsible for lost items.
We ask that you refrain from the use of cell phones, and also encourage Spa guests to leave children behind so that you can thoroughly enjoy your moment of solitude and relaxation.
Before your Treatment
- Shaving is not necessary but is recommended. We suggest you do so at least two hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Take a warm shower or whirlpool prior to your massage.
- Your body will be professionally draped at all times. Should there be any massage technique you are uncomfortable with, please communicate it to your therapist.
- Advise your therapist about areas of your body that are injured, sore, or tense.
- Mention any medical conditions such as pregnancy, high blood pressure, heart problems, headaches, varicose veins or recent surgery to your therapist.
- If you are suffering from a cold, or flu, or a skin rash, please advise your therapist, as massage will often increase the health risk and discomfort brought about by this ailment.
- During the session, close your eyes and allow yourself to relax as completely as possible. Focus your attention on breathing slowly and deeply.
We ensure a healthy environment for our guests by upholding a non-smoking policy.